Celebrating life stories...



Memorial created 01-26-2005 by
Terrie Whiteman
Joey Marshall Whiteman
September 8 1980 - September 3 2002


The Celebration of the Life of Joey Whiteman

Please join with me as I will take you through a story book of my life.

I was born on Monday, September 8, 1980, at 8:08 AM. This was a planned birth for I was a C-section baby. My Dad was the photographer and was allowed at that time to tape it. I weighed 7 pounds, nine ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. I had some dark brown hair and blue eyes. I was very lucky to be born in a new hospital, where they let the baby stay in the room with their moms and stay all night, .... I used to sleep on my mom's shoulder so she could kiss me whenever she got the urge(always). I had lots of visitors and couldn't wait to go home to my own crib, toys and especially my older brother Jon-Michael. He used to sleep in that crib, and now that he was three, he had to sleep in the big boys bed. we slept in the same room and Mom and Dad said he was supposed to listen for me in case I cried during the night. That really wasn't true, it was beacause he wanted to sleep in their bed. Oh well, he fell for it. Jon-Michael was a great roomate, he was my brother and my best friend till the end. When I arrived home, I was greeted by my grandparents (both sides).

Later my Aunts and uncles, cousins and friends of my parents came to visit.

The first big holiday was Christmas, we had a tree, with beautiful lights on it, garland and ornaments. Lots of presents and stockings hung on the door.

I didn't get a lot of presents, mostly money for later, but I did get stuffed animals and rattles, to entertain me.

Our lives were very normal, Mom stayed home, Daddy went to work and Jon-Michael started Nursery School. He was only gone 2 days a week and three hours a day, so I wasn't ever alone. We never had babysitters, they took us everywhere they went, unless we weren't invited. That porto-crib was at the bowling alley, every Friday night, while mom and dad bowled, and Jon-Michael sat by my side, with a toy or book. We went on vacations every year, which you'll see in a while, my half-sister came with us on vacations too. She lived with her Mom the rest of the time.

We went to visit my Aunt Susan and Uncle Steve in Rhode Island every year, for 11 years at least My other Aunt Joan and Uncle Larry had all the parties at their house, birthday, mother and father's day. We even had my first birthday party there, because it was outside and she had a big house.

When I first started School, it was an elementary school in Hatfield, then we moved to Harleysville where I continued my education through High School. I played sports from three years old, T-Ball, soccer were my favorites. Then I went on to play baseball for both schools as you'll see in the pictures ahead. I played soccer for two teams, travel team and High School. I was planning on going to college to play, but changed my mind and decided to work in an office where I became a master scheduler on the computer for a carpet company.

Going back to Hatfield, I too went to nursery school, twice a week for three hours, where I met lots of friends learned how to play with other children and have little plays, and learn crafts. This one in particular I left for my mom to find after I went to heaven, it's called a SIGN. I leave them all the time, she doesn't realize it, but I'm always there.

The older I got I was lucky to have JM's friends except me as their own age. After I was through playing sports in school, my new project was how many concerts I could go to, Mom found all the ticket stubs in my wallet after I left for my new journey, wow she said, no wonder he didn't have any money. My favorite concert was the Dave Matthews band concerts. I was a groupie. My room is like a studio, music of all kinds, stereo, CD's TV, and DVD's. Love music, also love drawing, my hobbie was drawing tattoos. Never had one, but like drawing them. After I died, my brother had one of mine tattooed on his arm.

When I was seventeen, my parents bought me a black T-Bird, love of my life.

My dad built a ramp for us in the front so we could skateboard, got really good at it, until the township made us take it down. Hazzard they said. We played golf,horseshoes and friendly baseball games as we got older. Then girls entered my life, my first true love from high school, a girlfriend from class and then after high school was Amanda, who I was with for the next three years. I was driving her car when it crashed. She was the last person I saw before I went to heaven. I left her at 5:30 and died at 5:32 in a single car crash.

I left behind, my little love Skylee, she was seven months old, Eli, the kitten, and Pepper, our first dog. I called for her a year after I left, so she is here with me now, not to worry, I know the others are being taken care of.

Mom put a stuffed black lab on my chest so that Skylee would keep me company in the casket.

My funeral was on my 22nd birthday, it was the biggest party I ever had.

Mom told people that if they wanted to put something in the coffin they could, there were stuffed animals, cards and pictures of everyone. That made me very happy. People stood up and said nice things about me and my cousin Arthur gave the Eulogy.

The one thing I do miss on earth were the holidays, here are some pictures of me and family during the holidays. Different ages. Another were the vacations, different places at different times

I now rest with my grandparents, cousin Marty,cousin Danny, Pepper, and many friends.

Heaven is a beautiful place, don't worry about me, I am at peace amd looking down upon you and missing all of you with all of my love,





What if I said yes?
What if I'd gone out that night?
What if you turned left, and everything would of turned out alright.
What if I spoke up?
What if I took the keys?
What if I would of tried a little harder, instead of always trying to please.


Joey, I'm so sorry.
Oh can you hear me?
Joey, I'm so sorry.

What if I said no?
What if we never fell in love?
What if we'd gone slow, or a little faster and broken up.
Would I know this hurt?
Would I feel this pain?
Do you know with all I have left in my very last breath will call your name?


Joey, I'm so sorry.
Oh can you hear me?
Joey, I'm so sorry.

Were you sad, were you scared, did you whisper a prayer to be free?
Was it quiet and cold was it light or too dark to see?
And did you reach for me?

Joey, I'm so sorry.
Oh can you hear me?
Joey, I'm so sorry.
Oh can you hear me?
Joey, I'm sooooooooo- Joey, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry.


Please sign the guestbook for Joey by clicking here

This page has been visited 23018 times


Honor, cherish and share your loved one's story.


About VM    ::    FAQ    ::    Create    ::    Terms of Use    ::    Privacy Policy    ::    Resources    ::    Contact
Copyright (1996-2015) Virtual Memorials Inc. All rights reserved.